Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies


I'm going to invest a lot of my time and efforts into butterscotch this year. I started with this Butterscotch Pie, I made Butterscotch pudding last night (the Jell-O boxed version), I made these cookies last weekend, and I'm making a ton more butterscotch stuff going forward. I don't know why we've all been turning a blind eye to butterscotch all these years, but it stops right here, right now.

That being said, if you DON'T like butterscotch, you will not like these cookies. Sub 'em for plain old chocolate chips then.

Recipe
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1.5 cups butterscotch chips

Cream the butter and sugars together.  Add the eggs and vanilla, then slowly mix in the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder.  Stir in the chips.  Form dough into balls, place in a ziploc and freeze for at least an hour (this is an important step to avoid flat cookies). Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment