Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Grilled Herb-Dijon Chicken

Hi! I hope y'all had a great Memorial Day weekend.  It's one of my favorite holidays because I forget about it and then it pops out of nowhere and you get a day off.  

Per Memorial Day requirements, we grilled. But we had just returned from a weekend of KC barbecue and burgers, so we wanted something a bit lighter. It's no secret that I love Central Market, and this chicken was inspired by one of their marinades. Perrrrrrrfect summer grilling recipe....will be making it again and again (my husband is eating it right now for the third night in a row).

Recipe
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - pounded thin
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
  • 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Pinch Paprika
Mix all marinade ingredients (everything but the chicken!) - in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend into a thick paste.  Cut small slits into the chicken to help absorb the marinade.  Pour the marinade into a ziploc bag and add the chicken.  Let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.  Heat the grill to high, then cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.  Happy summer! 

I'm flying around the world tomorrow so if I go missing, it's because I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment