Cream Cheese Red Velvet Cookies


Am I the worst blogger ever lately? Yes. Yes I am. But I have been traveling nonstop and have had little to no kitchen access in the last few weeks. I feel incomplete and restless.

I made these for Mother's Day, and what better way to celebrate our wonderful moms than with bright red decadent chocolate cookies?

Recipe (adapted from Duncan Hines)
Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and 1 tsp. vanilla in a bowl. Add in the chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the cookie dough, and give it a couple LIGHT swirls to incorporate. Don't over-mix or you'll end up with pink cookies.  Chill for about 20 minutes (this is optional, but you'll get fuller cookies if you refrigerate).  Drop in tablespoon-fuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 9-11 minutes. 

I hope to have more recipes in the coming weeks, but I just looked at my American Airlines account and I have 7 upcoming flights in my queue. SEVEN.   I may have to get back into the flight attendants' quarters and help them mix drinks and warm up the nuts or something.  If I did that I suppose I could give myself all pistachios and cashews, and leave the almonds for everyone else. Hm...

Labels: ,