Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Caramel Oatmeal Chip Cookies

I love to experiment with cookies, based on the ingredients I have available. On Sunday the caramel sauce was staring me in the face, shouting 'USE ME.' So, I stuffed it in my cookies.

Recipe
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup bread flour (or use all all-purpose if that's what you have)
  • 2 cups oatmeal
  • Chocolate Chips
Filling
  • Caramel topping
Preheat the oven to 375.  Cream the butter and sugars in the bowl of a standing mixer for about 30 seconds. Add the baking powder, soda, salt, eggs, and vanilla. Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until combined. Drop the cookie dough in rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and create a little hole, a 'caramel nest,' if you will. Fill 'em up with caramel.
Next, cover the caramel with more cookie dough.
Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
 Isn't that picture awfully artistic of me? I saw something like that on pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment