Sunday, May 20, 2012

Roasted Vegetables

Hello! I have been a lazy cook lately, which has in turn made me a lazy blogger. This is sort of a wimpy post, so I promise to come back with something more exciting later this week.  In fact I think I'm going to make something really delicious for dinner tonight.

In the meantime, I LOVE ROASTED VEGETABLES. I do. I really, really do. Typically I roast a large variety of them together, such as carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, parsnips, asparagus, etc. But, this week we did just broccoli and cauliflower. Why, you may ask? Because my husband found a bag of fresh Green Giant broccoli and cauliflower for $2.99 at his first grocery shopping trip to Target, and he couldn't believe how cheap it was. In fact, after making this magnificent find, he then proceeded to stop at another grocery store to compare the price of a full crown of broccoli. Slightly cheaper, he said, but the fact that the Green Giant vegetables were cut, washed, and bagged made it worth our investment. Ok John, glad we got that problem solved. Time is money.

So, after all the excitement and anticipation (and conversation) of the bagged broccoli and cauliflower, I felt obligated to make them for dinner. I roasted them, because I LOVE ROASTED VEGETABLES.

No recipe, really. Just place all the vegetables of choice on a baking sheet or dish, drizzle generously with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.

I also added tomatoes in here, because it seemed like the right thing to do. I drizzled them with balsamic instead of oil, then topped with parmesan before serving. 

This is such an easy, healthy, and delicious side dish.  Especially when your vegetables are already cut and washed for you. I think I saved a solid 2.5 minutes. Thanks Green Giant, and John, for your market research:

No comments:

Post a Comment