Sunday, March 11, 2012

Banana Graham Cookies

I love the flavor combination of bananas, graham crackers, and chocolate. I often make modified s'mores at home where I substitute sliced bananas for the marshmallows, and when I woke up this morning I decided I wanted to make that into a cookie. They taste exactly as you would expect, so if you love all three of those ingredients, these cookies will be a hit for you.  

Recipe
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 package graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/4 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • Chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375.  Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, then the vanilla. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the butter mixture. Pour in the graham cracker crumbs (a food processor does a fabulous job of crushing FYI) and mix until combined.  Slice the bananas in fourths, then throw into the cookie dough. Mix well enough to mash the bananas, but you want to keep some large chunks too. Add chocolate chips to taste (I like to overdoes on these, so I won't make a recommendation here).  This might be the best cookie dough I have ever eaten. 

Drop the cookie dough in rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet (yes, you need to grease it). Bake for about 8 minutes and eat immediately.  Just kidding, let them cool for a minute first.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment