Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Salmon with Lemon-Dill Yogurt Sauce

Now that I am a wife (!!), I have started to do more weeknight cooking. Weeknight cooking is not nearly as fun or exciting for me, as I clearly prefer to make delicious comfort food with little regard to health or nutrition. I am a firm believer that food should taste good and be enjoyed above all else.

During the week, however, I do like to eat healthier. This is the first weeknight dinner that I truly feel really happy about. It was incredibly good, easy, and not boring. You will want to make this - it was a winner.

 Recipe (for 2):

  • 2 salmon fillets (about 1/2 pound each), skin removed
  • 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 3-4 T. light sour cream
  • lemon
  • fresh dill
Preheat the oven to 350. Generously salt and pepper the salmon fillets, squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon on each, then wrap the fish in aluminum foil. 



Bake the fish for 17 minutes. Remove from oven and open the foil to let the steam escape. Turn on the broiler, then broil fish for 4-6 minutes to brown the outside.


For the sauce, mix the yogurt, sour cream, and remaining juice of lemon. Mix in fresh dill to taste; I used about 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill. Serve over fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment