Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Pumpkin Pie with Cream Cheese Swirl and Gingersnap Crust

Some days just can't be as successful as others. I'm sick, I feel very tired and lazy, and all I want to do is watch Ellen re-runs all day. I finally left the house to go get a healthy smoothie to boost my immunity, but literally couldn't get a parking spot so went to Chick-Fil-A instead. You win some, you lose some.
But as I was driving home I realized Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away! And I've had this pumpkin pie recipe in my draft section for a whole year, since I made it last year. And I'm blogging it now, because I think you should make it for your Thanksgiving this year. You won't regret!
I loooove pumpkin pie. Love it. Only complaint is that sometimes I crave a sweeter crust than the same old pie crust.  And I like to put little spins on things to make them my own.  The solution? Gingersnaps and Biscoff cookies for the crust, of course. Wow. Add a cream cheese swirl and you've successfully elevated that same ol' pumpkin pie.
I use this pumpkin pie recipe, there is no reason to look further. Sally's is perfect, and I've done the research. I make her sugared cranberries too for a little festive flair.
For the cream cheese swirl:
  • 1 package cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • vanilla
For the Gingersnap/Biscoff crust
  • 2 cups gingersnap/biscoff cookie crumbs (I did half and half, or you could just do gingersnap)
  • 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 5-6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Make the crust first by mixing all ingredients. Press into a pie pan, then bake at 300 for 10 minutes. Create the pie filling, then fill about 3/4 of the way up. Not too full or it won't bake evenly. You will have some leftover - I ate mine with the spatula.  Make the cream cheese filling, then drop in spoonfuls all over the pie (I think I used about 3/4 of it, and again ate the rest with a spatula). Use a toothpick or similar tool, and swirl the cream cheese with the pie filling.  Bake according to Sally's instructions, about 55 minutes at 375.

No comments:

Post a Comment