Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Lemon Vinaigrette

Lemon vinaigrette is something that didn't even slightly appeal to me until about two years ago. I just couldn't get on the lemon bandwagon except for the sliver that they put in my cosmopolitan.  Then I went to Eatzi'sone day for a heavy dose of sampling (SW pepper dip and cinnamon roll, mainly), and I went crazy and got the lemon dressing on my salad. I was immediately obsessed. So much so that I called Eatzi's later that day and asked what ingredients they put in it (which I'm sure was a much appreciated phone call for a place that is bustling with customers morning, noon, and night). To my surprise though, the guy couldn't have been nicer and actually told me what was in it. He didn't have the measurements, but this was certainly a good start. So now I make my own and we douse our salads in it. It doesn't taste EXACTLY like Eatzi's, but it's darn close. And that's how I officially stepped on the lemon bandwagon. Except lemon cake. I will never be a fan of lemon cake. Cake should never include fresh/healthy produce, IMO.
Recipe
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large)
  • 6 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 tablespoons honey
  • 1.5 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher/coarse salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1/2 minced garlic clove
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Mix all the ingredients together, whisk or shake hard to combine and thicken, and serve it on everything! PS this would probably be a great summer chicken marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment