Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Chicken Paillard

Chicken paillard is one thing I see on a menu and always just keep on scrollin'.  In most circumstances, I don't really want a pounded-thin breast of chicken atop 'lightly dressed' greens when I'm out to dinner. Lightly dressed? I LOVE RANCH. The full fat kind.
But recently, I've been trying to cook more simply during the week. Simple stuff. Relatively healthy. Not 7 million sides. And I opened my eyes and heart to chicken paillard and you know what? It's just lovely. I breaded mine, but you could easily skip that step. I'm just trying to make sure I hang on to those last 4 pounds of baby weight.
Recipe
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin or butterflied
  • 1 cup italian bread crumbs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 egg
  • s&p
  • olive oil
  • 1 bag butter/bibb lettuce
  • sunflower seeds
  • This lemon vinaigrette
Start by coating each of the chicken breasts in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Coat a large nonstick pan with olive and heat to medium high.  Working in batches, cook the chicken breasts about 3 minutes per side.  While the chicken is cooking, toss the lettuce with some sunflower seeds and lemon vinaigrette (I like to 'heavily dress'). Serve the chicken 'atop' these greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment