Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Dinner Party Menu: October

I'd like to give a shout out to whoever was responsible for coming up with the idea of Fall. I mean I guess it was probably God (or whoever you believe in), but the idea is so genius I'm thinking there was probably more of round table group doing a bunch of brainstorming. I think the concept of being able to change the leaf colors to super bright red, orange, and yellow plus injecting the air with that crisp/smokey smell..sealed the deal. Hats off guys and gals (oh who are we kidding, there definitely wasn't any gals included in the round table discussions back then).
So what's your favorite part of fall? Leaves? Halloween? Football? Tailgating? Pumpkin Spice Lattes? Crisp mornings? Sweaters and leggings? Yeah, I thought so.  I will say that Fall in Texas isn't quite what it was in Wisconsin...it doesn't get as crisp, the leaves don't get as bright, the mornings aren't quite as cool...but I still love it and at least I still have the memory of the beautiful Wisconsin Autumn.
Anyway, this dinner menu obviously includes pork. Pork is fall. As are sweet potatoes, apples, and cranberries. And this menu includes some of my FAVORITE recipes for my favorite season. Enjoy.

Appetizer:  Trader Joe's Cranberry Chevre Logwith ginger snaps or pita chips
Main:     Slow Roasted Pork with Creamy Apple Gravyor Apple Stuffed Pork Loin with Apple Butter Glaze
Side 1:   Roasted Fall Vegetablesor veggies that come with the Slow Roasted Pork
Side 2:   Kale Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Dessert:Store bought pumpkin or carrot cake
To Execute:
  1. Several hours before guests come over, start the pork (start cooking if slow roasting, start butterflying/rolling if doing the stuffed recipe)
  2. Prepare the apple butter or apple gravy
  3. An hour before dinner, prepare and dress the salad (this salad tastes better with time to marinate)
  4. About 30 min prior to dinner, roast the veggies (if doing the stuffed pork)
  5. Pour some nice cozy red wine and start a fire

No comments:

Post a Comment