Avocado Mango Cole Slaw


SUMMER, I AM READY FOR YOU.  Now that I made this avocado mango cole slaw that screams Summer BBQ, I am ready.  Just kidding! We live in Texas. I hate summer! Summer in Texas makes me want to crawl back to my beautiful lake-filled-cool-summer-nights Wisconsin roots. Texas has a lot to offer, but in my opinion Summer just isn't one of them.

But, talk about a fun way to add color to cole slaw. Cole Slaw is sort of notoriously bland looking. We all love it, but it looks boring/borderline gross in the picnic setup. So, here's mine with lots of fun color and flavor.  Tip - the cabbage blend at Trader Joe's is a great base. Love the mix and pretty purple cabbage!

Recipe
Make the dressing by combining the mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, salt and poppy seeds.  Mix in the cabbage and mango.  Let marinate for at least 1 hour.  Prior to serving, add in the chopped avocado.

Labels: ,