Friday, March 31, 2017

Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower

It's the weekend! And I'm off to Nashville with my sisters! Baby free! I actually can't believe how good it feels like to have two functional arms again. Two functional arms that I can do whatever I want with. I can even read the news on my phone in one hand and drink a cup of coffee in the other at the same time!!  (just kidding no coffee this weekend - I'm only doing wine.)

I miss those little boys already, but the freedom feels nice. Shout out to my husband for taking on a weekend of mobile 8-month old twins in stride - and even being excited about it. (sorry for saying 'shout out;' I couldn't think of a more appropriate term).

Anyway, it's the weekend and if you're cooking dinner, here is your side! So good! Obviously so easy. There is no reason I used purple cauliflower here other than the fact that I could. I was at the grocery store, and it was pretty. Use whatever you want!

Recipe
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 1 teaspoon kosher/coarse salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • ~2 tablespoons Olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano (I used a combo)
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Chop up the cauliflower into individual florets, and transfer to a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick spray.  Include all the little tiny pieces of cauliflower that break off during the chopping process. They get really brown and delicious. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and toss to coat. Season with a little fresh cracked pepper.  Roast for 25 min, then toss on the cheese, and roast for a few minutes more until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment