Monday, April 13, 2015

Cucumber Tequila Gimlet with Jalapeno




Since it’s Monday, I decided to post about Tequila.  Very few people probably drink tequila on a Monday, and yet I can’t think of another day when people need it more than a Monday.  Oh, the irony.
I made this drink a couple weeks ago, and I fell in love with it. Like, LOVE LOVE. Refreshing, light, and flavorful - I would take this over a margarita any old day. 
Recipe
  • 1 bottle (750 mL) good Tequila Blanco (I used a Blue Agave Tequila)
  • 1 cucumber, finely sliced
  • 2 jalapenos, roasted/browned until soft
  • ¾ cup fresh lime juice
  • ½ cup light agave nectar
  • 1.5-2 cups ice
Pour the tequila into a large pitcher or bowl, and add the cucumbers.  Cover and let sit for at least 6 hours, but up to 24.  Roast the jalapenos in the oven until slightly soft, or brown them over a gas flame. Chop them up and discard the stems and seeds (I left just a few seeds in for heat).  An hour before serving the drink, add the jalapenos to the tequila and let steep.   After an hour or so, strain the tequila and discard the cucumber and jalapenos.  Stir in the lime juice and agave.  Add the ice and let melt to dilute and chill.  Serve over ice, and garnish with cucumbers or limes.


No comments:

Post a Comment