Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Quick Chicken with White Wine Lemon Dijon Sauce

This chicken is as quick as this post is going to be. Sorry, but I'm lacking motivation in my personal life lately as my work life has been a bit exhausting. Don't worry, my skin and my hair are suffering too.

This dinner came together so quickly I could hardly believe it. I bought 1 lb of chicken tenders from the store, browned them in a bit of olive oil and S&P in a large skillet, then removed them and added:
  • 1 cup white wine
  • Juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 1-2 tablespoons dijon mustard (I like 2, John likes closer to 1)
  • 2 tablespoons Half & Half
  • Fresh dill (optional)
After the chicken is browned/cooked (about 5 minutes), deglaze the pan with wine. Let reduce by half. Squeeze in the lemon juice, then whisk in the mustard. Reduce the heat to low, and slowly mix in the half and half.  Serve the sauce over the chicken, and top with fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment