Sunday, August 11, 2013

Greek Yogurt Parfait

A day that doesn't end with dessert is a day not worth living at all, in my book.  I always finish off my dinner with some sort of dessert concoction, be it a microwave s'more, some fro yo, or a cookie in a mug.  

Recently, my husband turned me on to yogurt parfaits. If you're like me, you've poo poo'd the idea of fruit yogurt parfaits for years. What a waste! Well, it turns out they are not a waste. Nope, not at all. Try the McD's version - you'll love it.  Make sure you ask for extra granola.

I typically like my nightly dessert to somehow involve bananas and graham crackers, so I decided to make a yogurt parfait to include these items. And I used greek yogurt, which makes this not only an incredibly healthy dessert, but really thick and creamy and delicious. 

Recipe
  • 1 container Greek Vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla almond or soy milk (or regular is fine too)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 packet truvia, splenda, stevia, etc.
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 graham cracker
  • Berries (optional)
In a bowl (or a tupperware if you're making 4 or 5 to get you through the week), mix the yogurt, milk, vanilla, and sweetener.  Sprinkle the brown sugar on top, but do not mix.  Refrigerate for a while to let the flavors sink in. When you're ready to eat it, top with sliced banana and crushed graham cracker.  And any other berries that float your boat.  You could also add chocolate chips, because those are never a bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment