Sunday, January 13, 2013

Open Faced Salmon Sandwich with Honey Mustard


I'm always trying to find new ways to incorporate carbs into my diet. A meal without carbs (particularly dinner) leaves me feeling unfulfilled and starving.  Thus, I wanted to make some sort of sandwich with our favorite individually sealed frozen salmon.  We love salmon as a weeknight meal - so healthy and fast - and we've started using Zatarains Blackened Seasoning to spice it up a bit. Just brush the salmon with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning, then roast for 15 minutes at 400.

Last week I made an open-faced sandwich with it:  two pieces of toasted whole wheat bread, topped with honey mustard (I made my own with 1 T. honey + 2 T. Dijon), 1/2 sliced red delicious apple, and roasted salmon. So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment