Monday, December 3, 2012

Easy Weeknight Chicken Kabobs

I highly recommend this recipe for all of you working mothers out there - prepare them on Sunday (it takes 3.6 minutes), throw them on the grill Monday when you get home and you have a healthy and delicious meal for your family. I am not a working mother - you need kids to be one - but if I were I would make this every single week. You can make meal this without kids, too.

Recipe
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into two-inch pieces
  • 1 onion, quartered and sliced
  • 3 bell peppers, any combination, quartered
  • 1 lb mushrooms
  • 1 bottle Lite Zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 lemon
Place the chicken and vegetables in a large Ziploc bag.  Drizzle with juice from lemon, throwing the lemon halves into the bag. Pour in the entire bottle of Zesty Italian dressing. Marinate several hours or overnight.

I like to separate the chicken and vegetables on the kabob skewers, because I like to grill my vegetables a little longer. But, do what you want. I'm not the boss of you.  Grill the chicken skewers for about 8-10 minutes, flipping once. I like the vegetables on there for about 10-15. You might feel a little bit like Super Woman (is that supposed to be one word?) after making this meal, like maybe you CAN do it all. I went back to realizing that I can't the next day, but it felt good while it lasted.

1 comment: