Friday, September 14, 2012

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies



Trust me, even if you don't eat gluten-free, you will love these. I just spent 4 days in Wisconsin, and I had to make a second batch by day 2. Eating a lot just feels like the right thing to do in Wisconsin. When in Rome, I suppose.

I halved this recipe (modified slightly from the Backstreet Cafe recipe in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel) - and they still make a ton. Sorry, I'll leave the math up to you. It's good for your brain.

Recipe
  • 1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
  • 1 1/3 sticks Butter
  • 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
  • 6 cups Oatmeal (buy gluten free just to be sure)
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butters and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the oatmeal and baking soda. Add to the sugar mixture, followed by the chocolate chips. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until just slightly browned.  Bonus: these cookies are only 100 cals!

No comments:

Post a Comment