Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baked Eggs in Ham

These things are about as fun as it gets. Eggs baked in a mini ham cup. I love the combination of eggs and ham, so this morning I decided to bake some eggs in some ham, and the result was one fabulously easy and delicious breakfast. I have a few left over and plan to refrigerate them for breakfast this week!

Preheat the oven to 375. Spray the cups of a muffin tin with Pam, and line each one with 1 or 2 pieces of thinly sliced ham (make sure there are no holes). Crack an egg in each one, and sprinkle with pepper. This is the only time in life when I will tell you that you don't really need salt - the ham is pretty salty on its own. I still added some, of course, but not much. Then I topped each egg with a sliced cherry tomato, and baked for about 12 minutes. Then I sprinkled each egg with a little cheddar cheese, and baked for about 3-5 minutes more.
Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment