Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cheesy Popovers

If you don't know I love popovers by now, you don't know me at all. I love the taste, I love the texture, I love the ease of making them, I love all the different butters you can top them with, and I love them at Neiman Marcus Cafe for lunch.

I wanted to make them for dinner last Sunday, and simultaneously realized we had an excessive amount of shredded cheese in our refrigerator. It only made sense to do what I did: Cheesy Popovers. Just like the original, but with cheese. Yum.


Recipe
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup milk (whole is best but not required)
  • 1-2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a popover pan. Beat the eggs in a bowl, and mix in the remaining ingredients. Bake for about 30 minutes without opening the door (though I do usually check via the oven light around 20-25 minutes). Serve immediately - popovers should always be served right out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment