I've already posted a recipe similar to this, but this time I added basil and mint. And woah...the unexpected flavor combination goes perfectly together. I also used a different salad dressing, but you can just use balsamic vinaigrette if that's easier for you.
- 1 seedless watermelon, chopped
- 3-4 ripe but firm avocados
- 1 bunch mint, stemmed and chopped
- 1 bunch basil, stemmed and chopped
- 1-2 cups spinach (optional)
- 1 package shaved or crumbled feta
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients separately and then pour over the salad and toss to distribute evenly.
Labels: I'm Feeling Healthy, I'm Throwing a Backyard Party, I'm Throwing a Dinner Party, Salad