Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Caramel Chocolate Bars

I have been a lazy blogger lately. I would like to say that I have been super busy doing really important things, but really I have been completely engulfed in The Hunger Games. I never did Harry Potter, never got into Twilight, I was sure I wasn't going to get in to The Hunger Games. Boy was I wrong - eeeeexxxcellent book, I highly recommend you all read it. On Sunday morning, when Katniss Everdeen was roasting up a rabbit that she had caught in her snare, I was thinking about my next meal too. Caramel Chocolate Bars. Homemade. Katniss and I like to live off the land.

Recipe
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Semisweet chocolate chips
  • Caramel Sauce
Preheat the oven to 350.  Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer. Add in the egg, then the vanilla, flour and salt. Press the dough into a slightly greased 8x8 glass baking dish, and bake for about 20-25 minutes,  or until a toothpick comes out clean. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, and drizzle with caramel sauce. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment