Sunday, January 22, 2012

Twinkies


Don't worry Hostess, I'll take it from here.  Next I'll need the recipe for ho-ho's and ding-dongs, but I believe I have secured the future of the Twinkie. Even if the company can't survive, it is crucial that all those delicious products of theirs do.

I had to make these Twinkie's in the form of cupcakes, because I do not have a Twinkie mold. But really, who has a Twinkie mold? These are delicious.

Recipe
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cream Filling
  • 2 cups cold heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350. Beat the eggs, sugar, milk, vegetable oil, and both extracts in a bowl with a standing mixer. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add it to the egg mixture.

Line a muffin pan with muffin tins, and pour the batter in to about 2/3 full. Bake until golden brown...and I can't remember how long that took. I would check after about 15 minutes, but it probably takes more like 20-30.

Next, prepare the cream. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff.

When the muffins are cooled, inject the cream into the muffins using a cake baster. This can be a little tricky, so you might need to practice on a few.

If you love Twinkies, you will love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment