Monday, November 14, 2011

Corn Casserole

This recipe isn't very gourmet. In fact, it's something that could most likely be found at any Luby's or Old Country Buffet. But it's wonderful. And if I had my way, you would be making this for Thanksgiving.  I started with Paula Deen's recipe, and made a few modifications. Do yourself a favor and make this really soon.
There are a million ways to lighten this recipe up. Cut back on the butter, replace the sour cream with greek yogurt.....but I didn't do any of that and everything was fine today. I still fit into my pants.

Recipe:
  • 1 can kernel corn (large)
  • 1 can creamed corn (large)
  • 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 3/4 cup light sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the corn, muffin mix, sour cream, milk, and butter. 
Pour into a greased baking dish. In a separate bowl mix the bread crumbs and remaining melted butter. Top casserole with bread crumbs (if you are cooking gluten free you can definitely skip this step). Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with cheddar cheese and bake a few minutes to melt if you want. I opted for no cheddar cheese because it looked so fabulous on its own, but I'm a firm believer that cheese makes everything better.  Have fun eating this, and have fun stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment