Monday, November 14, 2011

Apple and Goat Cheese Salad

I'm really into apples lately. Not by choice, really. I blame Central Market. The Honey Crisp apple is their star food right now, and when you walk in the store they have a huge cascading fragrant pile of them, with a lady asking if you'd like a sample. Yes, yes I would. And I'll take 12. 

This salad would also be good with pears. The thing that bugs me about pears though is you have to buy them days in advance so they are ripe enough to eat when you want them. Who plans to eat pears in advance? I don't. Apples make more sense.
Recipe:
  • 1 head of romain lettuce, chopped
  • 2 apples, chopped
  • Candied pecans
  • Goat Cheese
For the candied pecans, simply mix 1/2 cup pecans with 2 tablespoons sugar in a skillet. Add a dash of cinnamon, and heat on low to carmelize.
Mix all ingredients, then prepare the dressing.
    Dressing:
    • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
    • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    • 2 teaspoons maple syrup
    • 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
    Wow, maple syrup in a salad dressing! Do it now!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment