Thursday, October 20, 2011

Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary

I had no idea grilled lamb chops were so easy. Turns out, they're the easiest thing on this blog. Lamb has a very distinct flavor so it doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles.
I bought 8 lamb chops from Central Market, and let them sit at room temperature for about a half hour before grilling. I heated the grill to high, and picked fresh rosemary from my miniature herb garden. Well, it was a miniature herb garden until my basil plant grew into the size of a small evergreen, thanks to my husband's diligent watering and manicuring of his beautiful yard. Anyway, I digress.

I chopped up about 1/4 cup rosemary (a food processor is the easiest way to chop into very small pieces), then mixed with 2 teaspoons salt.  I brushed the lamb chops with olive oil, then with the rosemary salt.  Of course, you need to add pepper too.

Place the lamb chops on the hot grill. Close the cover, and grill for exactly 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, flip over and grill for 3 minutes. Remove from grill, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.  These turned out perfectly medium to medium-rare, which is the best way to eat lamb.
Yes, those are shrimp hanging out with the lamb. Very strange combo but I had a few left over so I let them join the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment