Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Crostini


As I'm writing this post, I am watching one of my sons climb across the top of the couch with the corner of my eye. Dangerous for sure. I need to get him off, but honestly it's the 87th time I've done it today, and it's getting old. He thinks it's hilarious, I think it's annoying, and that's where we're at. These boys of mine are CRAZY DAREDEVILS. And they're only 1! Luckily they're fairly coordinated too, but I understand I can't rely on that as a safety measure. My older son (by 90 minutes), actually has a bit of a hedgehog safety mechanism built in. When he falls his little fat body kind of tucks and rolls. It's amazing. And extraordinarily cute.
I love a good recipe hack, particularly when it comes to appetizers. I hate wasting my time making appetizers. They're almost always putzy and they aren't supposed to be the star of the show. So when my husband and I thought about making some sort of spinach dip app, we thought about how to make it easier. Store bought creamed spinach is the key, and it adds a nice sweetness that's not always there with spinach artichoke dip. LOVE this app, it takes no time, and it's always a party favorite. Happy weekend!
Recipe
  • 1 baguette, sliced
  • Butter or light butter spread
  • 1.5 cups prepared creamed spinach
  • 6 artichokes, chopped
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350.  Lightly butter each of the sliced baguette pieces. Place in oven and toast until just slightly brown.  Meanwhile, mix your creamed spinach with the chopped artichokes and parmesan cheese. I got my creamed spinach at our grocery store Central Market, but get it anywhere! Boston Market has a good one.  Place a heaping spoonful of spinach onto each crostini, then top with shredded mozzarella (I like to be generous here, but you can certainly go easy on the cheese). Place back in oven until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment