Sunday, May 28, 2017

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread


I'll tell you what's not advised when you have two 10 month olds: taking them to a fancy ladies' lunch. Like the kind of place where you drink wine, eat tea sandwiches, and women talk in sort of a hushed whisper. I love the place so much (for their tuna melt mainly), and it honestly never occurred to me that it definitely wasn't baby friendly. And my husband wasn't with me to share the burden of two busy bees. Without going into all the specifics, I'll just give you a few highlights:

1. Bax crawling out of the high chair onto the table
2. Price screeching at the top of his lungs (in delight, but still)
3. Both babies playing with the sugar packets (which I allowed at first because it kept them quiet), only to have them each swallow at least 3-4, one getting stuck in a throat, and at least 77 ending up on the floor
4. Me letting Bax on the ground for a second so he could stand/walk around the table, getting distracted by my conversation with my friend for 30 seconds (silly me), and then getting notified by the ladies two tables over that he was in fact under their table
5. Price grabbing and spilling some of my Rose (every sip counts, buddy)
6. Me sweating through my white dress (90% physical wrangling, 10% stress)

All in all, not relaxing. But, my tuna melt was great. And the sly little smile Price gave me when I loaded him into the car made my heart melt and the memory fade away (sort of...though we will not be going back).

So, because some things in life are a little harder lately, my recipes have gotten easier. We went to a pool party the other day and the 'bring a side' request that would normally exhilarate me and result in at least 5 hours of alone time in the kitchen, has become a problem solving situation. What delicious thing can I make that's fast, easy, and a crowd pleaser?

THIS.

Recipe
  • 4 pieces Naan flatbread
  • 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded 
  • ~1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce
  • 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
Preheat the oven to 400.  Spread BBQ sauce over the Naan (please use naan here as opposed to some other flatbread...it's soooo good).  Top with chicken and mozzarella. Bake in oven about 9-11 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are crisp and slightly browned. 

PS - I planned to buy rotisserie chicken here to cut down my prep time even more, but it turns out the rotisserie chickens aren't out at 8AM (thanks Whole Foods, I didn't need another reminder that my days start too early). So if you can't find rotisserie chicken or prepped chicken from the salad bar, just boil the chicken breasts in seasoned water for about 10-20 minutes, depending on thickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment