Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sweet Orange-Soy Chicken Skewers

This is the third entree I've posted from our 4th of July dinner (see BBQ Pork Tenderloin and Lobster Rolls). I have a problem, but I promise you we're not obese. There were veggies involved too.

Brown sugar and soy sauce were meant to be together. You could come up with a thousand marinades out of that combination, and never go wrong. I added orange juice last week to my chicken skewers, and they were summer perfection. You could get a little more involved by adding some spices like ginger or garlic, but I decided to keep it simple.

Recipe
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
Cut the chicken into 2-inch pieces.  Mix marinade ingredients, then add to a Ziploc bag with the chicken. Marinate 8 hours or overnight. Thread onto skewers, and grill for a couple minutes on each side.  Deeeelish!

No comments:

Post a Comment