Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies

I haven't forgotten I have a blog. I just haven't been home to cook (or write about it for that matter).  When I finally had a few minutes Sunday morning, I decided to make cookies of course. I was craving pancakes (or syrup, rather), so I decided to add syrup to my cookies. A very logical addition, if you really think about it.

Recipe
  • 2 sticks butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup light maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • Chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, syrup, eggs, vanilla, and coffee (I think this is optional - I had it sitting there so threw it in). Mix the dry ingredients together and then incorporate into the sugar mixture. Throw in lots of chocolate chips (white chocolate would be good too).  Drop them in spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, and bake for about 9 minutes.  These are very soft, almost muffin-like cookies. If you want them less puffy, use 2 1/4 cup flour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment