Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peach Balsamic Grilled Pork Tenderloin


It may be hard to focus on the pork in that picture with those giant roasted carrots taking up half the screen, but please try. The carrots will get their moment later.

This past weekend was a really, really fun one. My parents were in town from Wisconsin, where they escaped a blustery late-spring snow storm for one of the most beautiful weekends in Dallas.  They got 6+ inches of snow on Thursday, causing a day of flight delays and late arrivals. I always tell them that as I much as I love them, I don't know if I could live there again. That weather is bull$#@%.

On Saturday night we stayed at our house and cooked, ate our body weight in cheese before dinner (the Wisconsin in all of us), and drank one too many bottles of wine...and had one of the most enjoyable nights we’d all had in a long time. I think, at least. I guess I don’t really know where it was on their scale of enjoyability, but it was very high on ours.

Anyway, on to the food. Pork tenderloin is my go-to dinner party meal, especially in the spring or summer. It’s so easy to marinate the night before, then throw on the grill for an easy and delicious meal. I always grill it the same way: 5 minutes on each side of medium-high indirect heat, then 5-7 minutes over indirect (until inside reaches 140). Then cover in aluminum foil for 10 minutes…it turns out perfectly moist and flavorful every time.

Recipe
·         2 pork tenderloins
·         1 jar peach preserves (about 1 cup)
·         ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
·         ½ cup brown sugar
·         ¼ cup olive oil
·         ¼ cup honey
·         3 tablespoons soy sauce
·         Dash Worcestershire
·         2 bay leaves, crushed

Mix all ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, add the pork, and marinate at least 8 hours or overnight (I always do overnight!). Grill as directed above, and enjoy!  I served with wild mushroom risotto, roasted carrots, tomato mozzarella salad, and cheesecake. Recipes to follow!

Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful weekend, and for appreciating the art of eating as much as we do.

1 comment:

  1. As always, we had a wonderful time and the fool was outstanding! Nicely done, John and Gretchen!

    ReplyDelete