Friday, April 5, 2013

Brownie Bottom Cheesecake with Toffee Bits

After taking a short hiatus from blogging - I've been traveling for work - I'd like to dive back in with a dessert, because that's where my heart is.  I was craving cheesecake, but also chocolate - so what better than to combine the two? Plus I was really dying to use my spring form pan. I don't know why, other than that I was organizing the cupboards the other day and realized I had never used mine. No time like the present. Easy peasy dessert recipe that is delicious and a little bit fancy (I think?)

Recipe
  • 1 recipe Duncan Hines fudgy brownies + associated ingredients (2 eggs + oil + water)
  • 3 packages light cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • Heath toffee bits
Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare the brownies as directed, and pour into a greased 9-inch spring form pan. Bake as directed, about 30 minutes.  Set aside to cool, and reduce the oven to 325.  Prepare the cheesecake; beat cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream together. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Pour over the brownie crust, then bake for about 1 hour, or until the center is just about set (barely jiggly).  Remove from the oven and use a knife to slide around the edge to loosen the cake from the pan.  Let cool 5 minutes, then sprinkle toffee bits (or any topping of your choice) around the edge.  Let cool completely, then refrigerate for at least four hours (I did overnight) before removing the top of the pan and serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment