Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Since today is basically all about candy (and costumes, I suppose)...I will start your day with a homemade candy recipe...THAT IS EASY. I typically don't make candy because I am intimidated by candy thermometers.

But these here, made simply with melted candy corn and peanut butter, dipped in melted milk chocolate, taste JUST LIKE Butterfingers. Seriously. Maybe not as crispy, but the flavor is spot on. Recipe here.

It's so easy though I will walk you through it quick....

Melt 3 cups of candy corn in a bowl. I started with 90 seconds then checked and stirred in 15 second intervals. When melted, mix in 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (I don't think this is the time to go organic).  Pour the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper...
Let cool/harden for about 30 minutes or so...cut with a pizza cutter....
Then melt 1 bag of milk chocolate chips in the microwave (30 second intervals - don't burn!)....and pour over the top! These are so good, I will be saving them for the little princesses and bumblebees that come to our door tonight. No Lady Gagas.

No comments:

Post a Comment