Monday, August 6, 2012

S'More Brownie Trifle

I have been a bad blogger lately. I should be nominated for 'worst blogs of 2012.' Actually, I would be thrilled with that honor. Any sort of recognition at all would be flattering.

I have an excuse though. I have been in Singapore for a week and a half, and I have been too jet lagged to brush my hair let alone cook since I've been back. However, I do have something from before my trip to share with you.

It turns out the Singaporeans are a very smart, very technical, very driven group of people.  By my third day of sitting in a room with them for 12 hours discussing the future of their fighter aircraft with no hint of slowing down, I was beginning to disengage a bit. My mind began to toggle between their avionics, and this:
A S'More Brownie Trifle. In a jar. You don't have to make them in a jar, of course, but if you have a jar I don't know why you wouldn't. 

What you need:
  • Graham Cracker Crumbs
  • 1 jar Marshmallow Cream
  • 1-2 containers Cool Whip
  • 1 box Fudgy Brownie Mix, with required ingredients
  • Marshmallow
Start by making the brownies. I love boxed brownies. I really believe they are better than any homemade version. There. I said it.  Let them cool and then cut them into small squares. Next, mix the marshmallow cream with at least one container cool whip, - maybe more (I didn't have more, but always welcome the idea of more cool whip) - with a hand mixer.  Take out your trifle-dish, preferably oven or microwave safe, and layer with marshmallow mixture, graham cracker crumbs, brownies, marshmallows, and repeat.  Top with more marshmallows. This recipe made about 6 jars.  Then, heat them up under the broiler or in the microwave. If I were into camping, I would bring all these ingredients with me to prepare and heat over a fire. But I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment