Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Winner, Winner, Sam's Club Dinner

My husband likes to run errands.  Any kind of errand, really; anything that will use up his seemingly never ending abundance of energy. On Saturday, he started them at 730AM, as I lazily slept upstairs. He came back hours later, with bags full of groceries from Sam's. No, we don't have 25 mouths to feed, but yes we love the great steals you can find at the place. Because I didn't want anything he bought to go to waste, and because I like a good cooking challenge, and because I was shocked you could make a great meal this cheap - I cooked a Sam's Club Dinner.

Recipes to follow (now posted hereand here)....

Shrimp Cocktail
Grilled Lamb Chops
Red Wine and Mushroom Sauce
Roasted Vegetables with Lemon, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt

...and a popover and potato skin thrown in to make sure we wouldn't starve
Can we say frugal and resourceful? I think so.

3 comments:

  1. Gretchen, these recipes sound delicious and your red wine and mushroom sauce looks incredible! If you are ever in need of any additional recipes, check out our Simply Delicious Meals site at samsclub.com/meals. Thanks for shopping and happy cooking! – Ramona at Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ramona!! I will most certainly check out your website - I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks for checking out my blog - I hope you find a few things to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. sam ovens scam

    ReplyDelete