Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grilled Corn Patties

I have a chronic case of writer's block. I know, it's true, I'm not really a writer. But I feel like most of my previous posts have come to me with ease, writing exactly what I'm thinking. Sometimes I was even funny, I thought.

Well, not anymore. Work has sucked the life out of me, and now you are all stuck with a lifeless, boring, blogger. I don't even feel like I'm truly categorized as a 'blogger,' so I'm really just a lifeless, boring girl who happens to have a cooking blog, sharing tasty recipes to you with no charm or wit. Please, ignore me but not the food. I know my intro has really tempted you to keep reading, but please do.  These grilled corn patties were soooo good, and a solution to a problem I have endured for quite some time: what other truly delicious side dishes exist that are not some form of potato??? Well, here they are. And they still conveniently include chives and sour cream.

Recipe
  • 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
  • 3/4 cup mozzarella
  • 1 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/3 cup fresh chives
  • 1 tablespoon sour cream
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive Oil
Heat the grill to medium high.  Place the corn in the bowl of a food processor, and blend until semi-smooth - you still want plenty of full corn kernels in there. Transfer the corn to a bowl, and mix with the mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the breadcrumbs, chives, sour cream, S&P.  Form the corn mixture into patties, then place on a plate and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
Next, coat the patties in the remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil. Place them on a grill pan, or on a sheet of aluminum foil if you don't have that.
Grill the patties about 4-5 minutes on each side, and then serve with sour cream.
Can we say delicious and fun? I think so.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment